Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday 12 May 2013

Lack of activity with social diary marks growing severity of Game of Thrones obsession

Whilst my obsessive nature has been noted in the past (think Final Fantasy tattoos), I don't think it's ever reached the point of ridiculous quite so much as it has with Game of Thrones. Well, actually it has, but previous intrigues have been more socially acceptable and don't involve me stalking about the house on my own wearing a home-made Jaime Lannister face mask and introducing words like 'craven' and 'seven hells' into my vocabulary thinking nobody will notice.

Ben has repeatedly dismissed my attempts to arrange a Game of Thrones themed house party, citing it too close to what wartime re-enactors and cosplayers spend their time doing - even with my suggestion  of party games such as 'Pin the hand on Jaime Lannister' and 'drink everytime Daenerys delivers a shit line'. An unfortunate result has been my increasing reluctance to see friends, family and attend any social events where there's unlikely to be talk of Stannis Baratheon, Barristan Selmy and Thoros of Myr. As a direct result my photo-blog has suffered, but like the most hardened of junkies, I just don't care.

(I am just kidding)



Arm Wrestling in the Purple Turtle


Note to self: Stop doing Heroin.


Hands Clasped.



We name our cat after this man.


Dutty swearing with Ben and Roddy


In the Purple Turtle. May, 2013.



Mexican bandit


Evan and Em in Henley. May, 2013.

Evan on the phone at The Packhorse. May, 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment