Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

We’d worry a lot less about what other people think about us if we realised how seldom they do - David Foster Wallace


...Not that this quote means anything in the context of this post. I'm just once more working my way through a lot of DFW following my MA graduation, and everything he says right now is Gold because my unhealthy obsessiveness is once again rearing its head... In a couple of months after I've exhausted his collected works, I'm pretty sure I won't give much of a fuck anymore and will develop an obsession with someone else... probably Pynchon.


These photographs are collated from the last couple of months and vary in quality. Much like Goldin's early foray into photography which became The Ballad of Sexual Dependency I take a lot of photographs when drunk, which is an issue if you care about exposure and focus, which I generally do. Like other documentary artists, such as Dash Snow, I've long considered switching to polaroid to maintain the analogue nature and the physicality of the photographic act, not to mention the point-and-shoot ease of use; but to lug around an Instax camera with boxes of polaroid on-hand just seems a considerable effort for someone who cycles everywhere - drinks heavily - and then more often than not has to cycle again having drunk heavily.



Ross, Hope Tap, December 2014

Dutty and Kyle, Hope Tap December 2014
Legend, Hope Tap, December 2014

Michaela and Ritchie, Hope Tap, December 2014


Amanda

Ross

Ross and Kyle, December 2014

Dutty and Ross, December 2014




Legend in the Purple Turtle, December 2014

Dutty and Legend, December 2014


"YOU MUST KNOW SOME MUAY THAI, BLUD!" - Dutty




Leigh, Monk's Retreat, December 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment