Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 April 2017

The weeks drag. The years fly.

Weeks drag, years fly. A statement uttered by Ben in one those strange moments of philosophical profundity and layman insight he's inclined to have after the seventh drink.

It's been the longest stretch since the beginning of my photographic endeavours that I've posted here, which isn't to say I've been weaned from photography; far from it. But geopoltical macrocosm's and personal events have shifted priorities and circumstances to an obscene degree leaving enthusiasm towards anything, particularly editing through images, at low ebb.

Of course there have been political fluctuations both here and across the pond that have become so distressing that I can no longer bring myself to open a newspaper. But also, on a more personal level, I have had to contend with personal loss in the form of Dan and Georgia, two friends who passed away last October. And also my mother, who suddenly passed last month and is something no amount of going straight back to work to occupy myself is allowing me to ignore/accept/comprehend as yet.

However, I have taken some comfort in the outpouring of support from friends, who have come out in force and some which I haven't seen in 6+ years. And also I've been going back through images from the past 8-9 months and editing them down to an acceptable few. The images in these three concurrent posts are, firstly, from 2017 onwards, the post below that is picking up where I left off in Summer 2016.

A Kings Meadow reunion: Drinking at 'The Tree' for the first time in a decade. March 2017
At Kings Meadow, 2005
At Kings Meadow, 2017






Dean, March 2017

Ben at his flat, March 2017
Legend at the Purple Turtle, March 2017





Raquel at Bag o Nails, April 2017



Josh

Me and Adam, reunion after 6 years

Mark Claus

Raquel at Kongs

David at Kongs

Bag o Nails cat







No comments:

Post a Comment