Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday 20 January 2013

A note on David



Therefore, since I cannot prove a lover,

To entertain these fair well-spoken days, 
I am determined to prove a villain,
And hate the idle pleasures of these days.

...David has fallen off the map somewhat since leaving our homely little ka-tet. It is regrettable that the dark stuff has took him so, and took him so it has. And more than ever do I see him an embittered morphine dependent Richard III scuttling around Reading, a self-described villain and scum-bag that still inexplicably looks down on people and corrects the grammar on drug dealers text messages.

Since his face is no longer around to photograph and I am renewing my interest in drawing little pictures, I've opted to start a crudely inked series of drawing strips dedicated to David and his morbid ways which I've remembered or documented elsewhere. This will allow me to avoid taking up past suggestions that I try and write a book (thus avoiding the haunting introspective title of failed writer), whilst simultaneously giving a renewed approach to my documentary thing that I do. Hopefully as time goes on I'll get better than the drafts I've posted below, learn about how to make proper speech bubble caption things, and hell, I might learn a thing or two about tones and lighting, but for now this childish scrawl is all i can do.


Foil, broken shot bottles and lighters were always being left about the place. David's cracked cold-turkey voice pleading with dealers was all too common

Ketamine never agreed with David, but he took it anyway- anything that was around- his pursuit of self-annihilation is to this day commendable.

1 comment: