Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Monday 24 August 2015

This one goes out to the one I love


The last time I set foot on a plane was the Summer of 2009 - a 30 minute flight that had me paralyzed with fear and left me with a reluctance to ever do it again despite a deep-seated desire to see more of the world.

In five days time I'm flying to India; that's a journey of 9.5 hours at 30,000 feet; and I am already having nightmares of a plunging nature which far outweigh the all-expenses-paid once-in-a-lifetime nature of this corporate endeavour.

Over the last few weeks my irrationality has prompted a concerted effort to re-acquaint and spend time with the ones I'll leave behind. Despite my misplaced paranoia it's been great, and also prompted me back into photography - which I've neglected so much lately that I've been forgetting to bring my camera out half the time.

With luck I'll be inspired enough from this journey to actually get over my fear of flying, return with a stronger understanding of Hindu and Buddhist philosophies; and be confident enough from my explorations, to go check out America which has always been substantially high up on my bucket list.


Cycling with Dutty


England's Green and Pleasant Land, Caversham

Mark Claus

Henri & Ritchie, Pangbourne

Ben

Ben at White Rabbit, Brighton

Dean





Morgan at Outlook, Reading

Ben at Purple Turtle


Chris at Artigiano, Reading








No comments:

Post a Comment