Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Harry Potter of Telangana

We've been getting a lot of photo requests since being in India, as our off-shore colleagues tell us that "Gora's" are comparatively rare in the region and a sign of affluence.

But walking around over the weekend it became apparent that I, much more than my colleague, was being hounded for photographs - and whenever I tried to remove my glasses to look nice for the photo, Indians would politely request I keep them on - weird.

As it happens, I realised during the taking of the below photograph - in which a man thrust his baby in my arms and requested 'photo, photo...Harry Potter' - that I'm India's answer to Harry Potter. I mentioned this was pretty funny to the managers at the India office, and they replied that they'd secretly been calling me Harry Potter since the day I arrived, go figure...


No comments:

Post a Comment